Police Blotter for The Tonawandas/Kenmore for the week of Sunday, Nov. 18
John M. Ferenc, 83, Adams Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Nov. 6 for burglary in the second degree, petit larceny and criminal contempt.
Michael J. Backstrom, 27, Poultney Ave., Buffalo, was arrested Nov. 6 for resisting arrest. He was held for court.
Mark M. Miller, 53, Scott Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Nov. 6 for harassment in the second degree.
India A. Divinity, 23, Niagara Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Nov. 7 for harassment in the second degree and endangering the welfare of a minor. Divinity was involved in an altercation with a family member of Niagara Street.
Matthew J. Wylucki, 27, Ferry Avenue, Niagara Falls, was arrested Nov. 7 for speeding, criminal possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic needle. This was determined during a traffic stop. He was held for court.
Shana Colemanm, 24, Mullen Street, Tonawanda, was arrested for criminal possession of a controlled substance on Wednesday, Nov. 7. He was held for court.
Tara L. Adamec, 27, Fillmore, NY, surrendered on a warrant Thursday, Nov. 8 for harassment in the second degree.
Eric J. Vallon, 23, Hinman Avenue, Buffalo, surrendered on a warrant for criminal contempt on Thursday, Nov. 8. He was held for court.
Thomas D. Miskell, 51, Grove Street, Tonawanda, was arrested for criminal contempt and a violation of an order of protection on Friday, Nov. 9. He was held for court.
Phillip Bayley, 36, Sanders Street, Town of Niagara, was arrested Friday, Nov, 9 for disorderly conduct. Bayley was seen urinating on the front doors of the Rite Aid on Niagara Street.
Ray W. Sekera, 21, Ward Road, Niagara Falls, was arrested Friday, Nov. 9 for DWI, driving a motor vehicle with a BAC of more than .08 and driving on the shoulder. His BAC was .13, he was held for court.
Ryan T. Schrader, 38, Niagara Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Saturday, Nov. 10 for resisting arrest.
Timothy J. Denny, 49, Embassy Square, Town of Tonawanda, was arrested for DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation in the third degree (Felony) and driving to the left of pavement markings. Denny refused to take the breath test, he was held for court.
Maung A. Nai, 41, Congress Street, Buffalo, was arrested Saturday, Nov. 10 for DWI, speeding, driving on the shoulder and driving without a license. Nai refused to take the breath test. He was held for court.
Paul J. Harris, 40, Packard Road, Niagara Falls, was arrested for DWI, driving with a BAC of more than .08, and speeding. Harris was driving 45 mph in a 30 mph zone. He failed his field tests, BAC was .16.
Martin D. Boswell, 20, Hunt St., Buffalo, was arrested Nov. 12 for harassment in the second degree. He was involved in an altercation with a male on Morgan Street.
A 17-year-old female was also arrested during the incident. She was charged with harassment, criminal mischief and possession of a weapon. Both were held for court.
Keith T. Cotton, 52, South Park Ave., Buffalo, was turned over to the City of Tonawanda Police Department on a warrant for menacing. He was held for court.
Stacy L. Jensen, 46, Falconer St., North Tonawanda, was arrested Nov. 13 for shoplifting from TOPS on Niagara Street. He was released on an appearance ticket.
Donald A. Wittcop, 32, First Ave., North Tonawanda, surrendered on a bench warrant for larceny on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
Andrew J. Fildes, 25, was arrested Wednesday, Nov. 7 for falsely reporting to law enforcement and incident that didn’t occur.
Guy S. Wagner, 52, was arrested Wednesday, Nov. 7 for driving while intoxicated - first offense, operating an unregistered motor vehicle on the highway and failure to yield right of way to emergency vehicle.
Jack Ogden, 46, was arrested Thursday, Nov. 8 for disobeying stay away order and harassment in the second degree - physical contact.
Trevor R, Sigrist, 32, was arrested Friday, Nov. 9 for obstruction of governmental administration in the second degree.
Aaron A. Neale, 37, was arrested Saturday, Nov. 10 for resisting arrest, driving while intoxicated - first offense, operating a motor vehicle with a BAC or more than .08 percent, failure to keep to the right and speeding in zone.
Kendall D. Davis, 24, was arrested Sunday, Nov. 11 for driving while intoxicated - first offense, speeding in zone and refusal to take the roadside breath test.
City of Tonawanda Fire Department
Nov. 5 to 11
• 36 EMS incidents
• Two Alarm of Fires:
1. At 7:13 a.m. Nov. 17 crews responded to 560 Delaware St., (People Inc. Group Home). Caller reported smoke in the area and alarm going off from the building. Crews found no fire, smoke was steam from nearby laundromat and home supervisors were conducting a drill.
2. Just before 6 a.m. Nov. 8 crews were called to 330 East Niagara St., (Trottenhow Co.), to a fire alarm activation. Crews reported no fire, the alarm was caused by a malfunction.
• Four Still Alarms:
1. At 8:27 p.m. Nov. 7 crews reported to 78 Stark St., to a report of a power pole burning. Crews found a light pole arcing intermittently. National Grid was notified and came to make repairs.
2. At 3:46 p.m. Nov. 8 fire was dispatched to 161 Clinton St., to a report of something burning next to residence. Crews found a small smoldering fire on ground next to the home. It was extinguished with fire extinguisher.
3. At 7:17 p.m. Nov. 9 crews responded to a motor vehicle accident. Crews cleaned up fluids and debris caused by vehicle collision.
4. Just before 10: 30 p.m. Nov. 9 crews were called to 41 Mullen St., to a Carbon Monoxide alarm. Crews checked residence and could not detect any level of CO gas. It was a possible faulty alarm.
• One Assistance Call:
1. At 10:20 p.m. Nov. 10 crews responded to William and Scott Street to assist a resident with vehicle lock out.
• One Mutual Aid Incident:
At 6:27 a.m. Nov. 5, one pumper and crew were sent to stand by at Grand Island Fire Headquarters (to handle additional incidents), while Island fire units fought a structure fire.