Police Log for The Tonawanda/Kenmore for the week of Sunday, Nov. 11
Tamika R. Williams, 34, Briscoe Avenue, Buffalo, was arrested on a warrant for grand larceny in the fourth degree (E Felony). Williams stole a credit card and used it at Tops on Oct. 25. She was arrested and charged on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Cory P. Downey, 29, Big Tree Road, Hamburg, surrendered on a warrant for aggravated unlicensed operation in the third degree Thursday, Nov. 1.
Jon A. Roy, 42, Gibson Street, Tonawanda was arrested Thursday, Nov. 1 for false personation. When law enforcement arrived at the Tonawanda Housing Authority in response to a fight call, Roy gave law enforcement a false name. He claimed to so because, he has “an outstanding ticket in Tonawanda.”
Corvair S. Harge, 27, Fletcher Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Thursday, Nov. 1 for harassment in the second degree, endangering the welfare of a child and criminal obstruction of breathing - choking.
Harge was involved in a disturbance with a female on Fletcher Street regarding who was going to take a child trick-or-treating.
William C. Barry, 56, Fletcher Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Friday, Nov. 2 for harassment in the second degree and criminal obstruction of breathing - choking. He was involved in an altercation with a female on Fletcher Street.
Juan A. Acevedo, 32, Erman Ave., Buffalo, was arrested Saturday, Nov. 4 for driving while intoxicated, driving with a BAC of more than .08, aggravated unlicensed operation in the third degree, driving with no license, driving to left of pavement markings and texting while driving.
Acevedo was traveling north on Main Street when he struck a cab traveling in the opposite direction. Both vehicles ended up landing in the front lawn of the Tonawanda Public Library.
Acevedo told law enforcement he was, “texting his girlfriend and the accident was pretty much his fault.” BAC was .16, he was held for court.
Barton M, Crowell, 47, was arrested by the Kenmore Police Department Wednesday, Oct. 31, for unlawful possession of marijuana.
Joshua J. Hayes, 24, was arrested by KPD Thursday, Nov. 1 for unlawful possession of marijuana.
Michael G. Irons, 26, was arrested Thursday, Nov. 1 for unlawful imprisonment in the second degree, criminal obstruction of breathing and assault in the third degree.
Barrett W. Miller, 35, was arrested for criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree and petit larceny.
Joshua M. Goodwin, 27, was arrested by KPD on Saturday, Nov. 3 for assault in the third degree - with intent to cause injury.
William E. Wallace, 36, was arrested by KPD on Saturday, Nov. 3 for driving while intoxicated - first offense.
Eric L. Scaife, 38, was arrested Saturday, Nov. 3 for aggravated unlicensed operation in the second degree and operating a motor vehicle without an inspection certificate.
Adair P. Degree, 31, was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana and registration plate display violation.
City of Tonawanda Fire
Department Incident Report
Oct. 29 to Nov. 4
31 EMS incidents, including two motor vehicle accidents.
• Five Alarm of Fires:
1. At 1:09 p.m. Oct. 29, crews responded to 600 Main St., (M&M Forwarding Company), to a fire alarm activation. Crews found no fire, alarm company was working on the alarm system and set if off accidentally.
2. At 3:55 a.m. Nov. 2, crews responded to 233 Fillmore Ave., (Woodward Industries), to a commercial fire alarm activation. Crews reported no fire, alarm caused by faulty operating machine.
3. At 5:35 p.m. Nov. 2, crews responded to 23 James St. to a reported house on fire. Crews found heavy fire conditions throughout first floor of second story structure. Fire was controlled in 30 minutes, complete extinguishment took three hours. Damage was estimated to be $80,000. Cause is still under investigation.
4. At 7:21 p.m. Nov. 2, fire was dispatched to 550 Fletcher St., to a fire alarm activation at a “group home.” North Tonawanda and Grand Island fire units covered this incident (TFD was still operating at 23 James St. fire) and reported no fire, alarm was pulled accidentally by resident.
5. At 5:14 p.m. Nov. 3, fire was dispatched to 200 Gibson St., (Tonawanda Housing Authority Senior Complex), to a fire alarm activation. Crews found food burning in an apartment, ventilated smoke, no damage.
• One Still Alarm:
1. At 7:22 a.m. Oct. 30, crews were dispatched to Fletcher Street at Elmwood Park East for reported garbage truck on fire. Crews found containers of unknown liquid burning in garbage packer and extinguished. Fire was contained to rear of packer, no damage.
• Three Investigations:
1. At 6:46 p.m. Oct. 31, crews responded to 13 Hillcrest Road to an illegal open burning.
2. At 4:35 p.m. Nov. 2, crews responded to 42 Maldiner Ave., to a Carbon Monoxide alarm activation. Crews could not detect any CO gas, reported faulty detector.
3. At 11:20 p.m. Nov. 2, crews responded to a call at 13 Maldiner Ave., reported odor in residence. No hazard detected, crews reported possible animal problem.
• Six Assistance Calls:
1. At 9:37 p.m. Oct. 29, crews responded to 106 Fletcher St. Crews assisted a resident with leaky roof during storm.
2. At 11:03 p.m. Oct. 29, crews responded to 475 Adam St. Crews pumped out a flooded basement due to storm.
3. At 11:20 p.m. Oct. 29, fire dispatched to 890 Young St. Crews cleared sewer to alleviate flooding in parking lot during storm.
4. 11/3 @ At 11:26 a.m. Nov. 3, fire responded to 245 Delaware St., where they assisted a resident with a furnace problem.
5. 11/3 @ Just before 11:30 a.m. Nov. 3, crews responded to 17 Broad St. and assisted a citizen locked out of auto.
6. 11/3 @ Just before 4 p.m Nov. 3, crews responded to 245 Delaware St. to assist a resident with furnace problem.
• One Mutual Aid Incident:
At 6:25 p.m. Oct. 30, one pumper and crew were sent to stand by at Grand Island Fire Headquarters, (to handle additional incidents), while Island fire units fought a structure fire.