April 24, 2014

Latest Headlines

School board unanimously approves budget

Mary Queen of Angels students collect products for South Buffalo Community Table

Deny Adelman named to Lancaster Opera House Board of Trustees

Allstate recognizes performance of Kenmore financial professional

Teens to raise money for Kids Escaping Drugs

Board meeting agenda items tabled due to audit concerns

Lancaster bus drivers' questions, concerns go unanswered at school meeting

Journalism and music workshop offered at Mount St. Mary Academy

Learn what's in our water with Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper

North Tonawanda to host 'May Mayhem' youth basketball tournament

St. Nicholas Chruch holds Ukrainian bazaar

BY: Catherine Miller | November 15, 2012

SOUTH BUFFALO - St. Nicholas’ Ukrainian Catholic Church held its Annual Ukrainian Parish Bazaar at the Ukrainian Church Hall at 1219 Abbott Road in Lackawanna, recently

The bazaar featured authentic Ukrainian cooking by Anna Melnyk, Yevhenwiya Byts, and a host of other kitchen assistants known as the “St. Nicholas Kitchen Ladies”. Chef Melnyk boasted that she makes more than 1,000 golumpki each year for this two day event.

More than 200 gift baskets were available for raffle, and authentic Ukrainian items were sold including Ukrainian artwork and hand painted wooden eggs.

Proceeds benefited St. Nicholas’ Ukrainian Catholic Church, located at 308 Fillmore Avenue, Buffalo.

The packed tables full of bazaar attendees indicated that the largest draw to the bazaar was the food, which included polish sausage, golumpki (stuffed cabbage rolls), pierogi and beet soup.

The same homemade food that is such a crowd pleaser for this yearly event is also available for purchase at St. Nicholas’ Parish Kitchen every Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Pierogi are available by the dozen for $9 to $10 per dozen, cabbage rolls are $1.50 per golumpki, and beet soup is sold for $4 per quart.

Christmas food orders should be placed by Dec. 14 and can be placed by calling St. Nicholas Ukrainian Church Hall at 852-1908 or at the parish kitchen, located on the parish grounds at 308 Fillmore Avenue, in Buffalo.

Add your Comments
Subject
Comments
Submit

Be the first to Comment