Ring in the new year, close to home
BY: Lizz Schumer | December 28, 2012
SPRINGVILLE — Local residents looking to ring in 2013 at area locales have several options to raise a toast, close to home. Several restaurants and bars in Springville, Concord, Chaffee and the surrounding area are offering New Year’s Eve specials and celebrations. Most of the locations have recommended that patrons make reservations, although calling in advance is not required, unless otherwise noted.
– The Springville Moose will hold a New Year’s Eve party at its lodge, located at 13080 North Buffalo St. in Springville. The party, which will run from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., will feature music by the Pastimers.
– The White Star Inn, located at 12249 Route 16 in Chaffee, will provide New Year’s Eve specials, including a Brazilian-style, five-meat course.
– The Boston Hotel, located at 9373 Boston State Road in Boston will offer a selection of lobster dinners, in addition to its regular menu, as well as music.
– The Colden Country Inn, located at 8815 State Road in Colden, will feature music by Innocent Bystander, starting at 9:30 p.m. There will be a champagne toast at midnight, a New Year’s Eve menu, with white tablecloths, and the inn will also provide hats and noisemakers for patrons to use in ringing in 2013.
– Main Street Pizzeria and Cafe, located at 56 East Main St., will have New Year’s Eve specials, including lobster and surf and turf, and will also be open New Year’s Day.
– Cheap Chollies Liquors, at 74 Cascade Drive in Springville, will have select liquors, wines and champagnes on sale. The liquor store will be open New Year’s Eve, until 8 p.m.
– The Office will be hosting singer Mark Ferguson and there will also be a buffet for patrons and a champagne toast, at midnight. The bar and grill, at 189 West Main St. in Springville, is also open New Year’s Day.
– Cozy Corner, located at 690 East Main St. in Springville, will feature prime rib and a strip steak dinner for two for New Year’s Eve and will also be open on New Year’s Day.
– The Fireside Inn, located at 12133 Vaughn St. in East Concord, will have a New Year’s Eve menu, featuring lamb racks, veal and lobster, among other items. The restaurant will be closed on New Year’s Day.
– The Holiday Valley Resort in Ellicottville will host New Year’s Eve in Ellcottville, including a torchlight parade 110:30 p.m. and a fireworks show that will end at midnight. Disc Jockey John Barry will provide music inside the Holiday Valley Lodge and there will be a champagne toast at midnight.
– Papa Jake’s Saloon, located at 243 West Main St. in Springville, will have dinner specials, including prime rib, steak and surf and turf.