Municipal building in the Town of Tonawanda, Village of Kenmore receives designation
BY: Metro Source Staff | July 03, 2013
KENMORE - The Town of Tonawanda and Village of Kenmore are pleased to announce that the Kenmore Tonawanda Municipal Building has been officially recognized on the National Register for Historical Places. The designation became official on June 12. The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historical Preservation had previously registered the Kenmore Tonawanda Municipal Building with its office on March 21.
Located at the corner of Delaware Road and Delaware Avenue in the Village of Kenmore, the Municipal Build was built in 1936. Its classic art deco design is credited to famed Buffalo architect E.B. Green. The site was donated by the Village of Kenmore and constructed by the Town of Tonawanda. The original cost of the building was $250,000, 45 percent of which was funded by the federal government under the Public Works Administration.
The building continues to house the government offices of the Town of Tonawanda and the Village of Kenmore, as well as the Kenmore Justice Court.