Erie County Sheriff's report for Aug. 3
According to authorities, Sheriff’s Deputies were asked to assist Eden Police and New York State Police with taking Bastedo into custody. A search warrant was executed after Deputies made observations from outside Bastedo’s residence.
Along with members from the Erie County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit, Deputies located numerous marijuana plants growing inside the residence. An estimated four to five pounds of marijuana, along with growing equipment, were seized from Bastedo’s residence.
Bastedo was transported to Erie County Holding Center pending arraignment.
• Brian Hamann, 53, of Spring Street, Collins, was arrested July 26 on a bench warrant issued by Collins Town Court for failure to appear and criminal contempt.
Hamann was transported to Erie County Holding Center, bail was set at $500 and he is due back in court.
• The Erie County Sheriff’s Office Deputies from the North Collins Substation responded to 166 calls the week of July 22 to 29.
• A Deputy responded to a report July 21 of a single-car accident on Gowanda State Road in North Collins involving a vehicle that struck a guardrail.
Katelyn Friedhaber, 20, of Lawtons, complained of a chest injury caused by her seatbelt, and a 2-year-old child, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was transported to the hospital to be treated for abdominal pain.
• A Deputy responded to a report July 17 of two-car accident with injury on Route 62 near the Baldo car dealership in North Collins.
According to authorities, Raymond Diebel, 50, of Buffalo, was driving one vehicle, and a 17-year-old female from Angola was driving the other.
The teen was transported to LakeShore Hospital to be treated for pain.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
• The Erie County Sheriff’s Office Deputies from the North Collins Substation responded to 172 calls the week of July 15 to 22.