City of Tonawanda Fire Department statistics
• 34 EMS incidents
• Two Alarm of Fires:
1.At 11:25 a.m. Oct. 19, crews responded to 5 Main St., (Tonawanda Towers), to a fire alarm activation. Crews found food burning in toaster, ventilated smoke, no damage.
2. At 11:17 a.m. Oct. 20, the fire department responded to 202 Gibson St., Apt. B, to a reported kitchen on fire. The fire was out on arrival, fire was started by a candle placed too close to combustible material, minimal damage.
• Four Still Alarms:
1. At 7:53 p.m. Oct. 16, crews responded to 13 Mitchell Drive, to a reported carbon monoxide detector alarming. Crews could not detect any CO gas, faulty activation.
2. Just after 6 p.m. Oct. 18, crews were dispatched to 93 Morgan St. to a report of a smoke detector alarming from within a vacant structure. Crews found no fire, apparent faulty detector.
3. At 8:30 a.m. Oct. 19, crews responded to 10 Young St. to a report of an odor of natural gas. Crews could not detect any odor or gas readings.
4. At 4:13 a.m. Oct. 21, fire was dispatched to the area of 27 Maldiner St. Crews were called by police to assist in clearing numerous debris caused by motor vehicle accident.
• Four Assistance Calls:
1. At 11:20 a.m. Oct. 16, fire was dispatched to 436 Broad St., to assist a resident with a hot water tank problem.
2. At 8:30 p.m. Oct. 16 crews assisted a resident at 46 Maple St., with a space heater problem.
3. Just before 5 a.m. Oct. 20, crews were dispatched to 519 Gibson St. (Senior Citizen’s building). The fire department was summoned for a large water leak on the second floor. A broken pipe was found and water service was shut off. Crews then worked to remove water and cleanup the apartment and apartment below.
4. Crews assisted a person who was locked out of their vehicle at 7:12 p.m. Oct. 20.