Police Log for The Tonawandas/Kenmore for the week of Sunday, Dec. 23
Alex D. Boyce, 41, Woodbury Drive, Lockport, surrendered on a warrant for DWI Thursday, Dec. 13. He was held for court.
John R. Luper, III, 22, Delaware Street, Tonawanda, surrendered on a warrant for harassment in the second degree on Thursday, Dec. 13. He was held for court.
Theresa M. Needham, 33, 15th Avenue, Niagara Falls, was arrested on a warrant Dec. 14 for burglary in the second degree, petit larceny and criminal mischief. Needham broke into a her ex-boyfriend’s home on Nov. 10. She was held for cout.
Nichole E. Sipple, 40, North Bailey Avenue, Amherst, was arrested Saturday, Dec. 15 for DWI, aggravated DWI, and driving left of pavement markings. Sipple’s BAC was .21, she was held for court.
Josue Alvarez, 24, Demster Street, Buffalo, was arrested Sunday, Dec. 16 for unlawful possession of marijuana and speeding. He was released on an appearance ticket.
Christopher L. McCann, 24, Gibson Street, Tonawanda, was arrested Sunday, Dec. 16 for menacing in the third degree and harassment in the second degree. McCann was involved in a domestic disturbance at his house on Gibson Street. He was held for court.
Kirsten S. Vanbrunt, 22, Collinwood Drive, Staten Island, surrendered on a warrant Monday, Dec. 17 for aggravated unlicensed operation in the third degree.
Ryan H. Anderson, 20, was arrested Dec. 11 for petit larceny, burglary in the third degree, and criminal mischief in the third degree.
Christopher S. Gleave, 51,was arrested by KPD Dec. 14 for harassment in the second degree and disobeying a mandated stay away order.
Fred J. Scinta, 63, was arrested Dec. 15 for petit larceny and trespass.
Adam J. Lucas, 21, was arrested Dec. 15 for driving while intoxicated - first offense, speeding in zone, operating a motor vehicle without an inspection sticker, and refusal to take breath test.
Michael J. Carlo, 32, was arrested Dec. 16 for drving while intoxicated - first offense, operating a vehicle without insurance and passing a red light.
City of Tonawanda Fire Department
Dec. 10 to Dec.16
• 38 EMS incidents, including three vehicle crashes.
• Three Alarms of Fire:
1. At 12:44 a.m. Dec. 10 crews responded to 113 Elm St. A resident called 911 reporting smoke in the building. Crews located food burning on the stove in the lower apartment. Fire was contained to the stove, no damage, crews ventilated smoke from the building.
2. At 6:10 p.m. Dec. 11 crews reported to 344 Hinds St. A resident called 911 to report smoke accumulating in the apartment building and the sound of smoke detectors going off. Crews found an old sump pump and cardboard box burning in the basement area. Fire was extinguished and contained to the immediate area. Smoke was then ventilated from the building with fans. No damage.
3. Just after 6 a.m. Dec. 13 fire was dispatched to 59 Scott St.
A neighbor called 911 reporting a large amount of smoke coming from the rear of the house across the street. Crews arrived to find that the smoke was actually engine exhaust coming from an automobile that was warming up in cold weather.
• Three Still Alarms:
1. Just after 7 a.m. Dec. 10 crews were called to Adam Street. Resident reported a carbon monoxide detector going off in his residence. Crews checked the home and could not detect any CO gas. Alarm was caused by a probable defective detector.
2. At 8:30 a.m. Dec. 10 fire was dispatched to 286 Wadsworth Ave. Resident reported a carbon monoxide detector going off in his residence. Crews checked the home and could not detect any CO gas. Alarm was caused by a probable defective detector.
3. At 5:13 p.m. Dec. 10, fire was called to 131 Adam St. Repeat call to same address from earlier in the day for a reported carbon monoxide alarm.
Crews checked residence again and did not detect any levels of CO gas.
• Three Investigations:
1. Just before noon Dec. 12 crews were dispatched to 292 Delaware St. Resident reported a carbon monoxide alarm. Crews checked building and could not detect any levels of CO gas. Detector may have been defective.
2. At 12:12 p.m. Dec. 13 crews were called to 53 Schuler St. Resident reported a carbon monoxide alarm. Crews could not detect any CO gas and determined that the batteries in the detector were depleted.
3. At 5:50 p.m. Dec. 13 fire was dispatched to 124 Mitchell Drive. Crews were called to shut off a leaky fire hydrant.