Police and fire reports from the week of April 12
Concord woman arrested for DWI March 3
While on patrol on Route 39 in the town of Concord on Saturday evening, March 3, at 9:05 p.m., Erie County Sheriff’s deputy Jon Hanna observed a car being driven on the wrong side of the road.
Hanna stopped the car and it was determined that the operator, Dawn R. Curtis-Keyes, 40, of Concord was intoxicated. She was subsequently arrested for driving while intoxicated. A breath test revealed that her blood alcohol content was .15 percent, almost twice the legal limit.
Curtis-Keyes was released on appearance tickets returnable to the town of Concord Court.
ATV crash sends one driver to hospital; charges possible
The Erie County Sheriff’s Office Accident Investigation Unit is investigating an all-terrain vehicle crash on Zoar Valley Road in the town of Concord, which occurred early Sunday morning, April 1, at 12:26 a.m. The driver was critically injured. A second ATV operator was arrested.
Scott Smith, 49, of the town of Collins, his brother, Glen Smith, 47, of the town of Lancaster and a 13 year-old male were traveling westbound on Zoar Valley Road in the town of Concord, each driving separate ATVs. Scott Smith lost control of his ATV and was ejected, landing along the rocky embankment of the Cattaraugus Creek. Glen Smith was arrested for driving while intoxicated and released with a scheduled court date of April 9 in the town of Concord Court.
Mortons Corners Volunteer Fire Company treated Scott Smith at the scene and Mercy Flight transported him to Erie County Medical Center with a severe leg injury.
Charges may be placed against Smith, pending the outcome of the investigation and toxicology tests.
Erie County Sheriff’s Office
The Erie County Sheriff’s Office responded to several calls between March 24 and March 30 in Concord, Sardinia and Springville. Following is a sampling of the news:
- March 30, Patrol arrested Jesse Dickson, 20, of Springville for criminal possession of a controlled substance, following a personal injury auto accident on Route 39. Dickinson was transported to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital for treatment. He is scheduled to appear in Concord Court at a later date.
- March 29, Patrol arrested David Muraco, 46, of Freedom for criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana following a traffic stop on Olean Road. Muraco is to appear in Sardinia Court at a later date.
- March 13, Patrol arrested Keith Johnson, 57, of Springville on an outstanding warrant. He was turned over to the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office. The arrest took place on North Buffalo Street.
Springville Police Department
- March 29, Patrol investigated a report of a suspicious male in the area of West Main Street.
- March 30, Patrol investigated a report of a rabid skunk on East Avenue.
- March 29, Patrol assisted Erie County sheriff’s deputies with intoxicated youths who were transported by their parents to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital from an Emerson Road address.
- March 31, Patrol assisted Erie County Sheriff’s deputies with a disturbance on West Main Street.
- March 31, Patrol made a traffic stop for speeding on West Main Street and arrested William Krebs of Buffalo for driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after discovering that his driving privileges had been revoked seven times. Krebs is being held at the Erie County Holding Center in lieu of $10,000 bail.
- April 2, 10:03 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a first aid on Savage Road. Transported to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital with a Rural Metro Ambulance medic on board.
- April 2, 4:05 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a first aid on Warner Gulf Road.
- April 3, 11:02 p.m., Springville firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide detector activation on Factory Street.
- April 5, 5:23 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a first aid on Pratham Road. Rural Metro Ambulance transported to Lake Shore Hospital.
- April 5, 8:42 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a report of a fire on Allen Road.
-April 5, 9:03 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a report of a fire on Deerfield Drive.
- April 6, 3:42 p.m. Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a first aid on Dutch Town Road. Rural Metro Ambulance transported to Sisters’ Hospital, Buffalo.
- April 7, 3:11 p.m., Chaffee-Sardinia firefighters responded to a mutual aid request with Holland for a grass fire on East Holland Road.
- April 7, 6:14 p.m. Springville firefighters responded to an alarm of fire on East Main Street.