Tonawanda hosts DWI check point: five arrested
Members of the Erie County Sheriff’s Department, City of Tonawanda Police Department, Town of Tonawanda Police Department and the New York State Police Department assisted the in the DWI check point.
During the road block operation, five DWI arrested were made.
The following persons were arrested:
• Scott M. Pytel, 23, Homeye Road, North Tonawanda, was arrested for DWI and driving with a BAC of more than .08. BAC was .14.
Pytel told law enforcement he drank two beers at the Chocolate Bar downtown.
• Jason P. Williams, 38, Lincoln Avenue, North Tonawanda, was arrested for DWI, driving with a BAC of more than .08 and possession of marijuana.
Williams told law enforcement he drank four beers in Buffalo. He failed his field tests and law enforcement found marijuana and a pipe in his pocket. His BAC was .17.
• Sharon A. Lynch, 52, Roesch Avenue, Buffalo, was arrested for DWI and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Lynch told law enforcement she had two bottles of beer in Buffalo and refused to take the roadside breath test. Patrol found a powdery white substance in her cigarette pack. A roadside test determined the substance was cocaine.
• Patrick J. Butler, 23, Richmond Avenue, Buffalo, was arrested for DWI and aggravated DWI. Butler told law enforcement he had seven beers at the casino. His BAC was .20, he was held for court.
• Michael D. Zendano, 51, 19th Street, North Tonawanda, was arrested for DWI and driving with a BAC of more than .08. Zendano told law enforcement he had just left a bar in North Tonawanda and was on his was to purchase tacos. He refused to take the roadside breath test, however at the station it was determined his BAC was .08.